On our last meeting I handed out the papers for the portfolio. Parents, I ask that you help your daughter put the green papers front and back inside sheet protectors. The white papers are for them to fill out and make mistakes on, so that they can do a final draft later down the road. We will be working on these together starting next week (July 15).
I appreciate the times that I am told ahead of time that the girls will be out of town, it helps me know that I need to NOT make an assignment to them for the cooking lesson. It also helps me plan for who I need to help get ahead or caught up for sewing lessons. The next few weeks are key to getting our sewing projects done in time for the fair. Please remember the sewing labs that we have set up for the girls. This week the new sewers are learning how to use/control the sewing machine and the girls who are familiar with the sewing machine are allowed to review and start on the projects that we have cut out. The next three weeks are the most important, of the summer.
Thank you for your support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lesson Schedules- Calendar
June 8- Cooking- Choice Chocolate Cake and Frosting
Sewing- Sewing Equipment and Textiles
June 15- Cooking- Spring Fever Salad and Pasta Salad
Sewing- Taking Measurements- Choosing a sewing project and the right size of the pattern
June 22- No Club Meeting- County 4H Activity-
June 29- Cooking- Apple Snapple Oatmeal, Cool & Creamy Fruit Cup, Chocolate French Toast
Sewing- Pinning and Cutting out your projects
July 6- Cooking- Grilled Cheese and More Dip-it Sauce with Veggies
Sewing- Using the Sewing Machine
July 13- Cooking- Saucepan Spaghetti & Cheesy Garlic Bread
Sewing- Seam Finishes
July 20- Cooking- Chocolate No-Bakes & Snickerdoodle Cookies
Sewing- Waistbands, Elastic, and Hems
July 27- Cooking- (No Cooking Mrs. Kotyk at Girl's Camp)
Sewing Finishing Touches- Judging Criteria- Getting projects ready for the Fair- PORTFOLIOS- Getting it all together
Aug 3- Cooking- Homemade Ice cream
Sewing- Baby Sitting Kits & Fashion Design Terms
Sewing- Sewing Equipment and Textiles
June 15- Cooking- Spring Fever Salad and Pasta Salad
Sewing- Taking Measurements- Choosing a sewing project and the right size of the pattern
June 22- No Club Meeting- County 4H Activity-
June 29- Cooking- Apple Snapple Oatmeal, Cool & Creamy Fruit Cup, Chocolate French Toast
Sewing- Pinning and Cutting out your projects
July 6- Cooking- Grilled Cheese and More Dip-it Sauce with Veggies
Sewing- Using the Sewing Machine
July 13- Cooking- Saucepan Spaghetti & Cheesy Garlic Bread
Sewing- Seam Finishes
July 20- Cooking- Chocolate No-Bakes & Snickerdoodle Cookies
Sewing- Waistbands, Elastic, and Hems
July 27- Cooking- (No Cooking Mrs. Kotyk at Girl's Camp)
Sewing Finishing Touches- Judging Criteria- Getting projects ready for the Fair- PORTFOLIOS- Getting it all together
Aug 3- Cooking- Homemade Ice cream
Sewing- Baby Sitting Kits & Fashion Design Terms
Sewing Lesson- Week 1
Sewing Terms & Textiles
Wait, what? All the green sheets need their own sheet protectors? Sorry if I'm just being dumb, but will you clarify what you mean? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteSteph
For the Portfolios- there are section dividers (green sheets) there are 8 sections. These need to be in sheet protectors for the 2nd binder we asked the girls to provide. (if you need a binder and can't get one right now let me know) When the papers were printed they should have been front to back. but it didn't print that way so behind each Section there are the directions that go along with it. (is that as Clear as mud?)
ReplyDeleteYeah, I still don't get it. I have a binder, so maybe I'll just have her ask you to show her sometime. She won't be there tomorrow, nor will she be there on the 20th, because we are doing Lagoon both days. Sorry. I'm not really worried about her entering the Fair this year, I just want her to get some experience with this stuff, so don't feel like you need to inconvenience yourself to help her make up what she misses. I do appreciate you doing all this, Melissa!! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHave her come to her sewing Lab and she can still work on her sewing project. She can bring her binder and we will get it squared away. Will she be there on the 27th when you are CAMPIN?
ReplyDelete