Monday, January 31, 2011

Plans for 2011

We are gearing up for a new year of 4H. If your daughter is not planning on participating please let me know.

We will be having a club meeting on Saturday Feb 12 from 10 AM-11:30. We will be making 3 new items to put in your babysitting kits. A seek and find jar , Popsicle puzzle, and a story time craft. We will also be making a simple snacks you can make while babysitting (or while being babysat). The girl's assignment is to bring items to place in the seek and find bottles. For example: different colors of buttons, miniature objects like barbie shoes, mini bells, etc. (they need to fit through a water bottle opening)

We would like to do a service project, this spring. One great suggestion was to do something for the children's justice center. We need your ideas of what we could do as a group.

This Summer we will be meeting for 8 weeks. (Tuesday afternoons 1-3 PM) from May 31st to July 19th.

For Cooking we will be learning Desserts. Sewing we will continue to learn new skills.

Start thinking about what you would like to learn how to sew for the county fair. I would love for the more advanced sewers to make a project that would include a zipper or button holes. Or maybe even a plaid fabric item. For those who are still new to 4H, I would like them to do projects that will reinforce the skills they have already learned. Simple lines like pillow cases, elastic waistbands- shorts/skirts/pj pants, or aprons. Remember to KISS- keep it simple sister!

The county fair will be the first week in August. Just like last year, there are many items they could enter into the fair, it is not limited to sewing projects that we make or our babysitting kits. I have a fair book from last year if you would like to see what other items they could enter.

So to sum up: we will be meeting on Feb 12th (10-11:30 AM) in the kitchen at the church bld.
We need to plan a service activity for April. We will be meeting for 8 weeks this summer starting Tuesday May 31st (1-3PM).
Prior to starting our meetings in February. I need to have registrations filled out and turned in with the 3 dollar fee. I need to know who will be participating and who is going to pass this year. Please respond back with the following:

Name: _______________________________

  • No, I won't be able to participate this year.
  • Yes, I will be participating in 4H this year.
      • I do not need a new registration form
      • I DO need a new registration form
      • I have already turned in my registration form to Melissa/the 4H extension office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lesson Schedules- Calendar

June 8- Cooking- Choice Chocolate Cake and Frosting
Sewing- Sewing Equipment and Textiles

June 15- Cooking- Spring Fever Salad and Pasta Salad
Sewing- Taking Measurements- Choosing a sewing project and the right size of the pattern

June 22- No Club Meeting- County 4H Activity-

June 29- Cooking- Apple Snapple Oatmeal, Cool & Creamy Fruit Cup, Chocolate French Toast
Sewing- Pinning and Cutting out your projects

July 6- Cooking- Grilled Cheese and More Dip-it Sauce with Veggies
Sewing- Using the Sewing Machine

July 13- Cooking- Saucepan Spaghetti & Cheesy Garlic Bread
Sewing- Seam Finishes

July 20- Cooking- Chocolate No-Bakes & Snickerdoodle Cookies
Sewing- Waistbands, Elastic, and Hems

July 27- Cooking- (No Cooking Mrs. Kotyk at Girl's Camp)
Sewing Finishing Touches- Judging Criteria- Getting projects ready for the Fair- PORTFOLIOS- Getting it all together

Aug 3- Cooking- Homemade Ice cream
Sewing- Baby Sitting Kits & Fashion Design Terms

Sewing Lesson- Week 1

Sewing Lesson- Week 1
Sewing Terms & Textiles